Monday, June 28, 2010

COLOURS of INDIA 2010

In the beginning of April I arrived from Bangkok in New Delhi, the capital of India. It was my first visit in the country of contrasts and deep devotion to the culture and tradition. People smile to the camera and ask firstly for your nationality. Find your way in India takes time like to understand what means by Hindu the head expression of neither yes nor no.
From New Delhi I visited Haridwar, the place of this year Kumbha Mela religious festival, then Rishikesh - the most spiritual place of India where in 1974 The Beatles came to refresh their souls. When getting very crowded there, Rishikesh is about 20 km from Haridwar, I left direction Himalayas to the holy places of Hinduism - Badrinath, Kedarnath and Gangotri.
By the invitation of the hotel manager in Rishikesh, called Shiva, I attended local wedding.

Click HERE to see the photo album.
Enjoy!!!

No comments: